Would you like to join us in making math learning data-driven?
Full-time position in Lund, Sweden.
Have you thought about learning as a set of human behaviours? A positive learning outcome can be seen as a product of wanted behaviours. What makes this interesting from a technological perspective is that those behaviours can be operationalised and measured. Measurements can then be analysed and results can yield new objectives, hypothesis, learning instructions. When this process is automated, the efficiency of learning can suddenly leap decades in the right direction – straight into the digital era. This is what we are doing, and with proof from research showing that it works, we can focus on making learning individualised and fun.
We are developing a data-driven learning game called Count on me! where the child takes the role of a hero – a young mathemagician – who is sent on an important mission to restore order in the realm of Numberia. We are looking for a backend engineer to join our team.
Who are we?
We are a small indie studio located in the heart of Lund, surrounded by cobblestone streets, coffee shops and a smell of fresh bagels in the morning. As a tight 10 person team, we work closely and share perspectives from our different backgrounds and cultures, bringing game design, tech, design and learning psychology to the table.
The role – Backend Engineer
As a backend engineer, you will work hands-on with our learning algorithm and other features that lay the foundation of our data-driven learning adventure. This includes development of new functionality as well as maintaining the backend stack, its various components in the cloud architecture and making sure those are secure and scalable. It is a central role where close collaboration with fellow programmers is essential.
- Develop our learning algorithm and other features
- Optimise servers for scalability, speed, and stability
- Implement and maintain security structures
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Close collaboration with other teams throughout the feature development process
- Experience from systems development using MS technologies (C# and .NET Core) and PostgreSQL
- Experience from managing containerised applications in Azure and Kubernetes
- Experience working legacy code
- Excellent English communication skills and team spirit
Submit your application to Henrik Rosvall by email and we’ll get in touch asap! Apart from your CV and work experience, please make sure to present yourself and tell us a little about who you are as a person.
In case you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.