Unity Game Programmer
Would you like to develop gameplay features that motivate children to learn math?
Full-time position in Lund, Sweden. Planned to start asap.
Do you think that game design and technology could have made math teaching more efficient and exciting compared to the old, dusty and doggy-eared math books? We do, and we find it frustrating to see that math teaching hasn’t evolved much in the past decades. Childhood should be fantastic, even in the classroom, and those memories should last a lifetime. That is the sole purpose we founded Akribian.
We are developing a story-driven learning adventure called Count on me! where the child takes the role of a hero – a young mathemagician – who is sent on an important mission to restore order in the realm of Numberia. Are you a programmer and would like to join us, making learning an adventure of a lifetime for children around the world? Then please read on!
The role – Game programmer
We’re looking for a programmer with a 6th sense for creating good gameplay. Since Count on me! is a game for children, it is going to be full of fun and quirky surprises, both technically and figuratively speaking. We’re talking about interaction that children understand, throwing particle effects on 2D isometric planes, keeping our backend happy and up-to-date through API calls. If you have been through the ins and outs of Unity and have experienced its good and bad days, it is going to make everybody’s life easier.
As a small team, we essentially look for someone who likes the small team atmosphere and appreciate the fact that we work closely and often just have to get things working – even if that requires some shapeshifting and stepping outside your field of expertise.
- Design, implement, test, and iterate on new and existing features together with the product team
- Development in C# and Unity engine
- Close collaboration with other teams throughout the feature development process
- Maintaining a growing codebase, documenting and sharing knowledge with fellow team members
- Professional experience working with C# and Unity
- Experience in both 2D and 3D game development
- Experience from working for cross-platform mobile and tablet devices
- Excellent English communication skills and team spirit
- Experience from setting up and maintaining build pipelines is a plus
Who are we?
We’re a small indie studio located in the heart of Lund, surrounded by cobblestone streets, coffee shops and a smell of fresh bagels in the morning. As a tight 10 person team, we work closely and share perspectives from our different backgrounds and cultures, bringing game design, tech, design and learning psychology to the table. After closing a major financial round and releasing the first version of Count on me! on the App Store, we have some exciting times ahead in making learning the best childhood experience.
Sounds like a perfect match? How to get in touch?
If that’s the case, wohoo! Let’s make it easy-peasy: