Lead Instructional Designer
Full-time position in Lund, Sweden.
Do you think that game design and technology could have made math teaching more efficient and exciting compared to the old, dusty and doggy-eared math books? We do, and we find it frustrating to see that math teaching hasn’t evolved much in the past decades. Childhood should be fantastic, even in the classroom, and those memories should last a lifetime. That is the sole purpose we founded Akribian.
We are developing a story-driven learning adventure called Count on me! where the child takes the role of a hero – a young mathemagician – who is sent on an important mission to restore order in the realm of Numberia. The key to mathemagical powers? Learning and mastering maths!
The role – Instructional designer
We’d like to invite a lead member to our international team of experts within instructional design and behaviour analysis. The team focuses on designing engaging and effective instructions, teaching maths through a story-driven adventure that takes place in the Realm of Numberia. As an instructional designer, you will also work directly with the development of the learning content. As a lead member, you will supervise the learning content design work, establish workflows and quality standards and ensure a user-centric approach. In this role, you will be a key member in shaping the direction of the product together with the product team.
- Creating engaging and effective math instructions for 5-9 year old children
- Perform task analysis and formative evaluations
- Work with a hands-on engineering approach, incorporating rapid prototyping and iterations
- Understand user needs and establish coherence and a common direction within the team
- Understand the workload and team capacity, set priorities and plan the work
- Supervise the learning content work, setting up workflows and quality standards
- Develop user testing together with our user research manager
- Shape the direction of the learning content together with the product management
- Solid background in behaviour analysis and instructional design
- Knowledge and experience from content and task analysis
- Understanding of formative evaluation
- Understanding of children’s instructional needs
- Experience from agile and iterative workflows
- Experience from project management and agile methodologies
Sounds like a perfect match? How to get in touch?
If that’s the case, wohoo! Let’s make it easy-peasy: