User Research Manager
Would you like to join us in trying to understand what makes children's learning effective and motivating?
Full-time position in Lund, Sweden. Planned to start asap.
Children are beautifully honest. They often speak their minds unfiltered by barriers of convention. They are our biggest source of inspiration and it is, therefore, a gift to be able to focus on them as our main user group. We recently released Count on me, a game-embedded teaching game that takes place in the realm of Numberia – an ever-growing world where math magic is the power that brings balance to everything.
As we grow we need to maintain good contact with children in school and at home and making sure they are a natural part of our feature development process. That’s why we need you, dear user research manager.
The role – User research manager
In this role, we would like you to help us ensure we keep a systematic approach to user research. It includes building relationships with our target groups, setting up and conducting user tests, collecting and analysing data. This is a key role and the scope is wide, but fear not – you will work closely with the product and marketing teams to make it possible.
Apart from having an analytical mind, we think a user research manager also benefits from a good balance of empathy, creativity and structure.
- Establishing and maintaining relations with testers, including schools, children and parents
- Preparing and setting up user tests together with product and marketing teams
- Help fellow team members implementing a rapid prototyping workflow
- Conducting user research and collecting data
- Providing user feedback and insights
- Participating in sprint meetings
- Experience from conducting user testing
- Understanding of user research and design thinking principles
- Being a good listener and having a strong ability in communicating with both children and adults
- Fluency in Swedish and English
- Experience from UX design is a plus
Who are we?
We’re a small indie studio located in the heart of Lund, surrounded by cobblestone streets, coffee shops and a smell of fresh bagels in the morning. As a tight 10 person team, we work closely and share perspectives from our different backgrounds and cultures, bringing game design, tech, design and learning psychology to the table. After closing a major financial round and releasing the first version of Count on me! on the App Store, we have some exciting times ahead in making learning the best childhood experience.
How to apply
Sounds like a perfect match? Now that would make us very happy to hear! Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little about who you are as a person, why this position interests you and what your background is. Any questions? Make sure to ask us – we are here for you.